“Our Fox News interview with him never aired, so we invited him back,” Carlson noted. One of the take-aways from the conversation is that Sund was kept in the dark about potential threats that had been expressed in the days before Jan. 6. “None of the intelligence that was coming up talking about the storming of the Capitol, killing members of Congress or killing my police officers, was ever discussed at the conference calls that I was on,” Sund told Carlson. “We now know that the FBI, DHS, [were] swimming in that intelligence,” Sund said. “We also know now that the military seem to have [had] some very concerning intelligence as well.” None of that was communicated to Sund, the head of the agency in charge of security at the Capitol. Normally, with large upcoming events, agencies like the FBI and DHS would put out bulletins and host joint conference calls to brief law enforcement with such critical information, Sund said. None of that happened in the lead-up to Jan. 6, Sund said. “Zero.” Sund said it later became known that Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller had discussed locking down the city and revoking demonstration permits “because they’re so worried about violence at the Capitol on January 6.” “You know who issues the permits on Capitol Hills for demonstrations? I do,” Sund said. “You know who wasn’t told? Me. “Instead, on January 4th, what does Miller do? He puts out a memo restricting the National Guard from carrying various weapons — any weapons any civil disobedience equipment that would be utilized for the very demonstrations or violence that he sees coming.” Later, when Sund was calling the National Guard in Virginia and Maryland, “begging for assistance” on Jan. 6, “They weren’t allowed to respond” because of that memo, Sund said. “That doesn’t seem to make sense at all,” Carlson observed, more than once during the conversation. “It doesn’t make sense,” Sund agreed. “You’ve described this as an intelligence failure, but a failure is something that happens accidentally,” Carlson told Sund. “I don’t see how this could be accidental.” Carlson pointed out that then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refused to allow Sund to call in the National Guard. “Why don’t we have answers?” he asked Sund. “It doesn’t seem like people really want to get to the bottom of it,” Sund said. https://youtu.be/gtNjRWt4AhU Portions of Carlson’s original Fox News interview were leaked last week by The National Pulse, shortly after former President Donald Trump’s Aug. 1 indictment on four criminal charges related to his actions on the Jan. 6 Capitol incursion. Pulse Editor-in-Chief Raheem J. Kassam posted a note with the interview saying that the leaked footage was “sent to us by a whistleblower.” This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.
Ep. 15 Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund reveals what really happened on January 6th. Our Fox News interview with him never aired, so we invited him back. pic.twitter.com/opDlu4QGlp— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) August 10, 2023