He said he felt that Disney had spurned him. “There was a very deep and distinct feeling of having been betrayed by the people that I had been working with, the people I had worked hard for, people I had delivered a character to that they initially despised,” Depp said, according to MovieWeb. Therefore, the $301 million offer, exactly $1 million over the deal Depp testified he would reject — and more than he made in the five prior “Pirates of the Caribbean” films combined — was not very plausible. The Poptopic report came days after People published an interview with a former Disney executive who predicted Depp would return to the “Pirates” franchise. “There is just too much potential box-office treasure for a beloved character deeply embedded in the Disney culture,” the executive said. “Pirates is a billion-dollar global franchise.” The “Pirates” speculation followed a jury’s decision on June 1 to award Depp $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages from Heard for her comments about him in a 2018 Washington Post Op-Ed. Within minutes of the verdict, Depp released a statement saying the jury “gave me my life back.”
Breaking news Johnny Depp says that not even for 300 million will he work with Disney again pic.twitter.com/Bu45s3Lt3C— I_see_the_black_sun (@Iseetheblacksun) May 6, 2022
While fans hope the court victory means he will soon return to acting, it does not appear that Depp’s next role will be Captain Jack Sparrow. This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.
#JohnnyDepp says “jury gave me my life back. I am truly humbled” in a statement to Instagram following today’s verdict. https://t.co/yVm6LXOqI1 (📷: Johnny Depp via Instagram) pic.twitter.com/jqZfDAKlk3— KTLA Entertainment (@ktlaENT) June 1, 2022